North Royalton is a unique suburb offering a picturesque setting where rural farmland meets bustling city life. This quaint yet vibrant community is sought after for its excellent school system, variety of housing options, growing recreational spaces, thriving business opportunities and numerous community-service organizations.
Founded in 1818, little changed during the first 100 years of North Royalton's existence, until 1927 when the community became a village. We officially became a city in 1961. Over the years, North Royalton progressed from dairy farmlands to a more industrialized community. Despite extensive growth, the city has captured and preserved the country feel North Royalton was founded on. Embracing these roots, a great deal of greenspace has been conserved for both active and passive recreational amenities.
At Aukerman Park, located at York Road and Valley Parkway, residents and pets can take in the beauty of nature. The Cleveland Metroparks’ All-Purpose-Trail now provides 32 miles of uninterrupted connectivity in our area. We are also in the midst of master planning to add more amenities and features to Memorial Park, better utilizing this asset to its full potential. For those who prefer the comfort of the indoors, the North Royalton Family YMCA has all the resources needed to achieve an active, healthy lifestyle.
North Royalton is on the road to a brighter tomorrow. The widening of state Route 82, completed in 2020, not only provides a smoother commute, it paves the way for broadened potential for businesses, the backbone of our city.A few tidbits about our community:
- We are located in Cuyahoga County.
- North Royalton is 21.8 square miles.
- Population is approximately 32,500.
- The nearest major city is Cleveland. North Royalton is about 15 miles south of downtown and north of Akron.
- Highways include I-71 which is three miles west, and I-77 which is three miles east. The Ohio Turnpike traverses through our community.
- The North Royalton Branch of the United States Postal Service is located at, 13901 State Road and can be reached at 440-582-8963.
- The North Royalton Branch of the Cuyahoga County Library System is located at 5071 Wallings Road and can be reached at 440-237-3800.