You are here:
Home > Departments > Community/Economic Development > Heritage Home Program Highlights
Heritage Home Program Highlights
Now homeowners don't have to feel like they are alone during the construction process. With the Heritage Program, expert staff is available to answer questions and provide an impartial opinion - one that doesn't include trying to sell a product or service.
The Heritage Program offers low fixed interest mortgage loan, which provides the incentive for quality home repairs. The fixed interest rate financing provides a competitive edge over home equity loans.
- 2% fixed rate in North Royalton
- Loan amount $3K - $150K
- 7-10 year term
- No closing costs, points, PMI
- $125 KeyBank assessed loan origination fee
- Technical Assistance Fee Rates
- Project $3,000 - $10,000 TA Fee 0%
- Project $10,001 - $25,000 TA Fee 1%
- Project $25,001+ - TA Fee 2%
- Escrow Fee $200, if applicable
- Pre-payment penalty if paid in full within 36 months
- Interest is tax deductible
- New! Homes with vinyl and aluminum siding now eligible
- House is 25 years old or older
- Property is zoned residential, three units or less
- Owner occupied or rental
- Available equity or equity established by After-Rehab appraisal
- Interior/exterior projects: interior renovations, painting, porch repairs, new roof, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, waterproofing, masonry repair, plus more!
- Ineligible projects: vinyl siding/windows, large additions, patios, decks, luxury items
The technical assistance component of the Heritage Program is what sets it apart from other programs of its kind. We give homeowners of older homes the right tools in order to maintain neighborhood housing stock. Now any homeowner wishing to do work on their older home can have the help and answers they need in order to get the project done properly.
- Site visit to the property to answer home repair and maintenance questions
- Energy efficiency methods
- Contractor resources
- Evaluation of contractor bids and estimates
- Custom written exterior construction specification for each loan