You are here:
Home > Employment Opportunities
POSITIONS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
PART-TIME LABORER I
POSTION TITLE: PART-TIME LABORER I
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: SERVICE DIRECTOR
The Part-Time Laborer reports to the Service Director. This is a non-supervisory position engaged in construction, repair and maintenance of city infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The following list of essential job functions is not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned
- Perform general labor duties including recycle yard and street and infrastructure repairs
- Operate a variety of small hand tools
- Perform traffic control duties
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Mechanically inclined
- Knowledge of uses and purposes of general construction tools and equipment; safe work practices
- Ability to perform unskilled and semi-skilled tasks in a variety of construction and maintenance activities; perform heavy manual labor; learn to operate a variety of construction and maintenance equipment
- Ability to work independently in the absence of specific instructions, manage time, prioritize tasks, and work under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and in making decisions; problem solve
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, peers, and supervisors
QUALIFICATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess Ohio Driver License and have a strong driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics are those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee has the ability to work safely; Standing, walking, use hands and fingers, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, participate in recreation activities might occur. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Repetitive use of computer keyboard. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in the office and moderate to loud in the field.
CLOSING: Until positions are filled
TO APPLY: Applications for employment are available at www.northroyalton.org and at the North Royalton City Hall, 14600 State Road. Applications will be accepted at City Hall between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
An Equal Opportunity Employer